Tuesday, June 5, 2012

It's My Birthday!

That makes me the...

I can't believe I am already 1!! I actually wasn't born until 11:51 at night so I will probably sleep through my actual time of birth. In case you forgot this is how I looked one year ago today...




and here I am today:








I started my day off with Mommy and Daddy coming to get me out of my crib and singing Happy Birthday! (there is a video of this but Mommy said that no one wants to hear her "early morning" singing voice, having listened to Mommy sing for a year now she is right!) I did enjoy my first bottle as a one year old!





and then went out for an early bike ride:



Then it was time to get dressed in my special birthday gear (thank you Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Carson!)

and headed out for a birthday brunch at Cracker Barrel 


I had some pancakes and fried apples. I really liked the apples but every time Mommy would put a piece of her pancake in front of me I would pick it up and put it back on her plate. When I had finished my brunch Mommy and Daddy took me to a wondrous place:




They said we were going to go shopping for my present! Hooray!!!

I looked and looked all around the store and finally talked Mommy and Daddy into this:



It is a Tow Mater Power Wheels. Turns out the battery has to charge for 30 HOURS before the first use. LAME! I still had fun checking it out at home:




Check back later for a post about the first time I get this out on the open road!
I was so tired after shopping that I fell asleep on the way home. Mommy and Daddy brought me home and fed me a delicious lunch of veggie soup and tried to put me down for a nap. I surprised them and didn't take a nap. I am usually a very good napper (about 3 1/2 to 4 hours a day) but not today. I knew there was more birthday fun to be had! When they finally gave up on my nap I played with my tow mater and then went for a walk with Mommy, Daddy, and Chloe. When I came home from the walk some of my cul-de-sac friends were outside so I played outside for a while. Finally it was time for what Mommy told me was the best part of birthday...the cake! I was a good baby and ate my Yo Baby yogurt first and then I got to make a BIG mess!



(Did you see my grab for the lit candle? Have to keep Mommy on her toes!)

Please excuse the singing voices they really mean well!

I really (REALLY!) loved eating the blue icing off my clown cupcake! It was yummy!!













I am sure you can guess what came next, a bath! I had to get squeaky clean because tomorrow I am off to the doctor for my one year check up. I had a great first birthday and all day Mommy and Daddy told me how much they love me and are so glad they had me. I am glad too! 

Love, Jacob the ONE year old baby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment